I’m glad you’re here.
My hubby, Jaymes, and I welcomed our daughter Lark into the world in 2015. We live with her and our cat named Kitty (my husband is very original) in a 103-year-old house in the historic London Road neighborhood within Lethbridge, Alberta. While I was pregnant I became an avid reader of any article related to parenting. I decided that I want to write great articles that speak to parents and that they can read at 2am while on a break from online shopping rocking their babies. Fast forward a year (because I’m a busy mom now, give me a break!) and here we are!
I created this blog to talk about life, share some inspiration, and crack you up every now and again. So, let’s laugh about the funny shit kids say, drool over awesome food, and ponder what makes life worthwhile (Spoiler: I definitely think it’s the people . . . and the awesome food).
A few other random things about me . . . in no order of importance:
- I love to laugh. The first time my husband and I spoke, his first observation about me was “You giggle a lot.” Damn right I do.
- I cry when I’m happy . . . or sad . . . or overwhelmed.
- I’ve always loved writing and write about 900 times better than I speak. If you met me in real life you’d likely think I’m a bit awkward. It’s part of my charm.
- The fact that I aced my grade 6 Language Arts governmental test is still a source of pride to me. Because, you know, it means my writing is obviously still top notch. I mean, nothing else has really changed since grade 6 . . .
- I say sorry too often. (How very Canadian of me!)
- I swear too much.
- I wish my hair was bigger.
- I sing. About everything. And not well.
- I’m from a small town and I wear big glasses.
- I laugh at my own jokes.
- I would love to see a movie or read a book where someone cool has asthma not just the nerd or the villain. Also, I have asthma.
- I come across as outgoing, but I’m actually a pretty shy introvert/mega homebody.
- I tell my husband that he can be the smart one. And the good looking one. But, god damnit I’m the funny one.
- I dig people who live passionately.
- I believe kindness is the greatest attribute you can possess.
- I love to eat. And cook. And bake. But mostly eat.
- When I grow up I want to be a legit hippy.
- I wear crazy high SPF and love the shade.
- I am a proud, self-proclaimed (and hubby proclaimed!) geek.
- I have a ridiculous fear of potato eyes. There. Now it’s out there.
That’s it . . . for now. Thanks for visiting!
P.S. What does Life on a Lark mean?
To do something on a lark is to do it on a whim or just for fun. I’m a big believer in having fun in life . . . and my daughter’s name is Lark, so the name just fit.